Saturday, April 28, 2007

Music time!

So, I downloaded somehow attained a copy of the new Tribute to Joni Mitchell CD. I've only listened to a few of the tracks (I cannot yet bring myself to listen to some of the soft rock artists on the album, so I've not heard the KD Lang or James Taylor tracks), but I'm enjoying some of them. Especially the Dreamland cover by Caetano Veloso. Yes, I do have an obsession with Brazilian Tropicalia musicians. Yes, his place on this compilation is "token world music guy", and he redoes Dreamland to sound more South American. But it's still good!

Dreamland - Caetano Veloso (mp3)

I was disappointed by Sufjan Stevens' Free Man in Paris. It's just... so... Sufjan. The overdone trumpets kill the original melodic progression, which was a little choppy in the original, so it totally falls apart.


Free Man in Paris - Sufjan Stevens (mp3)


Anyhow, back to cleaning my bathroom.