Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tuscany!

...plus some thematically-similar food.

So, finished blocking the Tuscany shawl today.

Finished Tuscany

Detail (with flash)

Finished detail

Details:
Amy Singer's Tuscany Shawl, from No Sheep For You.
Made with a 150 skein of Sea Silk, in the Nova Scotia colorway, purchased from The Loopy Ewe.
Mods: I moved down to size 5 needles for the slightly lighter-weight yarn. This wasn't necessary, just a personal choice.

It's pretty, but... I'm not sure I'd ever wear it. (Insert "something something 'process knitter' something something" here.) So, maybe this will be grandma's Christmas gift. What do you think?

In other news, the party last weekend went well. I made focaccia, something roughly akin to Mario Batali's recipe from Molto Italy.

Focaccia

In other news, I'm heading off to SF for a long weekend soon. There will be much coffee, a trip to the pirate store, and maybe some yarn shopping. I'll see you after that.