Monday, July 30, 2007

Another FO...

Hey! I finished something.

Tamarah
close up on tamarah shawl

Pattern: Tamarah from Knitty
Yarn: Tilli Tomas Pure & Simple (Burnt Orange, 1 1/2 skeins), purchased at kpixie and Habu Textiles Silk Mohair A-32D (205/red, 1 1/4 oz.) purchased from Habu directly
Needles: Size 7 Inox & Addi circs
Modifications: None really, apart from the yarn changes.

The pattern is modular and lace, but once you figure out the progression of the pattern, it goes pretty quickly. I had to do a lot of math at first, and there was great furrowing of brow, but by the end, it was mainly mindless knitting. This pattern doesn't seem to have been knit very frequently, but it's super-cute! Why isn't this at least half as popular as Clapotis?

I like this a great deal; I may make one for myself soon, in something not-orange (this is for Mr. Z's mom--this orange is lovely, but I can't wear it).

In other news, I got my invite for Ravelry. Ravelry has made me aware of my ten active projects. I should work on them/work on getting photos of them... after I finish that entire moving thing.